We are dedicated to responsible gaming, and are committed to a positive and enjoyable gaming experience for all of our players. Most players play for fun and entertainment, but we notice that a small percentage of players will:
- Attempt to play when they’re underage, or
- Allow playing games to control them and affect their lives.
We are committed to protecting and assisting those who should not be playing at all, or who wish to limit the amount of funds that they play.
Any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age may have all winnings forfeited and could face criminal prosecution.
What we do
- Every person signing up for a new account must check a box that indicates that they are at least 18 years of age. This notifies everybody that we don’t accept players under 18.
- When a player creates an account with us, we collect their name, address, and birth date to confirm that the player is at least 18 years old.
- We do not target underage players with our marketing and advertising. It is neither good business nor consistent with our personal and corporate values to attract underage players.
What you can do
- Be sure to protect your computer. All Windows computers can be set up to have password control so that you must enter a password to get to the desktop. In general, this is a good practice, but it’s even more important when there are children or teenagers in your household. Also, keep your Game ID and Password private. You can elect to have the software not remember your password each time you log-in. If you have any concern that somebody else might attempt to access your Account, you should not allow the software to remember your password.
- If you have children or teenagers in your household, use protection software that allows you to limit the websites to which they have access, prevent file sharing, and generally give you detailed control over how your children use the Internet. Here is a list of some of those programs:
- If you are aware of an underage person using our platform, let us know. Simply send an email to Support and we will get right on it. Our first step is to investigate, and if warranted, freeze the player’s account and request identification from that player. We take these reports seriously.
- Be a responsible parent. In many ways, this is nothing more than keeping your eyes and ears open. If you hear your children talking about online game accounts, deposits, and withdrawals, start asking questions. If you see the the software on your child’s computer, uninstall it and ask more questions. A responsible parent is the best start to preventing underage gaming.
If you believe that playing games might be a hindrance to your life rather than a form of entertainment, we want to help you. First, please review the following questions:
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to playing?
- Has playing caused you to neglect your own welfare or that of your family?
- Have you ever sold anything or borrowed money to finance your playing?
- Have you often played until your last dollar was gone?
- Have you ever played longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your playing?
If you answered “Yes” to several of these questions, we encourage you to visit Gamblers Anonymous.
You can take the test in its entirety at one of the following websites:
Also, we provide you with the ability to exclude yourself from playing for various periods of time.
To do this, go to the main lobby of the desktop software, select ‘Tools’ > ‘Responsible Gaming’ > ‘Exclude me from playing’. On mobile, go to ‘More’ > ‘Settings & Tools’ > ‘Responsible Gaming’.
Please note that all self-exclusions and time outs are irreversible for the duration of the specified time. In addition, all self-exclusion periods are inclusive of all games. Your self- exclusion will apply to your Account, and to any product in the Rational Group that requires your Stars ID to play.
If you want to block yourself from a particular game, you can go to the table-limits and set your limit to ‘Don’t play’.
- We offer 12-hour and 24-hour cooling off periods as well as 7 day, 30 day, 60 day, and 120 day time out periods. You will not be able to play any games that we offer for real money or play money on our software. Once you click the button that requests a time out or a self-exclusion period, you will be asked to close all tables at which you’re playing. Once you’ve done that, the time out or self-exclusion period will begin. You will be automatically unregistered from any tournament that begins during the time out and self-exclusion period. You will not be able to deposit or make inter-account transfers with your Stars Account. Furthermore, you will not receive any marketing emails or newsletters from us.
- 6-month self-exclusion. This is identical to the other time out periods, except that we will ask you to withdraw any real money funds from your Stars Account. In addition, you will not be automatically reinstated. If you want to return to playing with us, you can email Support any time after your self-exclusion period has passed.
- Self-exclusions longer than 6 months, and permanent self-exclusions. If you wish to self-exclude yourself longer than 6 months, or permanently self-exclude yourself, please contact Support.
- Players who self-exclude themselves during a tournament will nevertheless still be able to complete any tournament already in progress in which they are playing. This also means that players who request to be self-excluded from playing after qualifying for Day 2 of a Multi-Day Tournament will still be able to play in that tournament on any subsequent day of that tournament, even after their period of self-exclusion begins. Players who choose not to play on subsequent days will receive no compensation. This does not apply to phased tournaments, so make sure you can play the tournament in its entirety before entering the first phase.
You may also wish to investigate GamBlock, a software application that limits a computer’s access to online gaming sites.
How to play online responsibly
If you choose to play online, there are some general guidelines that can help make your playing experience safer, and reduce the risk that problems can occur:
- Play for entertainment, and not as a way of making money.
- Play with money that you can afford to lose. Never use money that you need for important things such as food, rent, bills, or tuition.
- Set deposit limits and ensure you never deposit more than you can afford to lose.
- Never chase losses. If you lose money, don’t play higher stakes to try and recoup your losses.
- Don’t play when you are upset, tired, or depressed. It is difficult to make good decisions when you are feeling down.
- Balance your playing with other activities. Find other forms of entertainment so playing does not become too big a part of your life.
If you feel you might have a gambling problem, and seek further advice or counselling, you can visit these web sites:
- GamCare (UK)
- Gamble Aware (Ireland)
- Adictel (France)
- GamblingTherapy (World Wide)
- Tactus (Netherlands)
- Center of Responsible Gaming (Netherlands)
- es (Spain)
- Gambling Help On Line (Australia)
- Responsible Gaming Resource Ctr (Canada)
- Center for Ludomani (Denmark)
- Morningside Recovery (USA)
- Logout (Slovenia)
- Center for Addiction Treatment Nova Gorica (Slovenia)
- Stödlinjen (Sweden)
Setting limits on your real money deposits and purchases
We believe that you should be allowed to manage your own budget for playing online. We allow you to restrict your own weekly real money deposit limits. Of course, those limits may be no higher than the ones we already have for your account.
Restricting cash game table limits, tournament limits, casino games and sports betting:
Setting table limits and tournament limits provide individual players with an opportunity to control their spending by limiting themselves from playing certain table limit stakes, as well as tournament buy in limits.
You can also block yourself from individual casino games using the same menu located in ‘Tools’. There is also the option to block yourself from sports betting within this menu.
And you can also login to your account through our website. From the ‘Account’ menu, you can access our responsible gaming tools.
If you want any restriction in place permanently or for a designated time, please email Support with your request.